Sunday, October 04, 2009

Spirit Week

Spirit week has hit us again this year and Hannah got to be a part of it too! This is a sad, sad story :( Poor Alex has been anticipating this day since last year when he started working on his Trojan costume. It was cool last year, but he wanted it to be amazing this year. He spent hours and hours in the freezing cold garage working and molding his breast plate. He used cardboard, floral foam for the muscle detail, and liquid epoxy to harden it all. Unfortunately while it was setting up to dry, it was knocked over and hit the ground and shattered. Alex was desperate for anything to fix it, and used paraffin wax and plaster of Paris. The next day when he put it on, it crumbled and fell apart leaving a white crumbly powdered mess all over the house :/

At the last minute, Alex grabbed his little brother's armor and headed out the door. When he came home, he had a $20 gift card to Bajio in his hands. He won the contest!!! I am so happy that he won. It eased the pain of all of that time being wasted. And fortunately for me, he doesn't like Mexican food! So guess who got to use the coupons! Did I mention that I LOVE Bajio? Of course, I gave him the cash in exchange. I'm not that heartless after all.


Hannah on crazy hair day. We braided and looped and sprayed one side silver and finger-burn curled the other side.

Movie character day. Hannah was Hermoine and Mikaela was the witch woman on Pirates of the Caribbean.

On Rock star day, We curled Hannah's hair and she let me put make-up on her. My batteries in the camera died, so I couldn't get a photo. But trust me, she was gorgeous!
Hannah never lets me do her hair or put make-up on her, so I LOVE spirit week!

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

Poor Alex!! :( I'm so sad that all that effort was shattered! But YAY for winning!! Yay for little brothers to the rescue! :)

I love Hannah's hair! Go Hannah/Hermione! :)

So way cool! :)