Sunday, October 04, 2009

Snake River Rapids September 15, 2009

I went on my very first white water rafting trip (with James) down the snake river with a large group of friends from our ward. It really was a lot of fun. We took two boats and I just about froze to death once the boats caught up with each other and the paddle splashing began. It was soooo cold! Most people had wet suits. James had a very studly looking shorts and tank wetsuit that I wish I had a picture of! He was CUTE! But his arms got VERY sunburned. Where James was when the sunscreen was flowing, I'll never know! His skin is very sensitive to both cold and heat. He was miserable for several days after that.

Farrah's dad was our guide. He was a lot of fun and knew a lot about the river.




We only lost one person into the river. BJ flew out when the raft hit a hidden boulder and flipped around. She hit her knee on the rock and was sore for a little while, but it provided lots of added excitement (sorry BJ).


After the river, we had hot chocolate and headed to Heice for some AMAZING pizza! It was a fun day.

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

How cool is that?! I love it! I have to be sure and visit when you all are having one of these awesome friend get-together! :) Love the pics!