Monday, April 28, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Last week when I was doing the "diet" thing, I was having a discussion with James about diets. Hunter (my 6-year-old) was listening close by and piped up, "Mom, diets don't work." I said, "Oh, really?" then he said in a very serious voice, "Weight Watchers does." I had to laugh, he was totally convinced! Isn't it funny that even the cartoon channels have Weight Watchers commercials!!!
A little while later I was watering my plants with my trusty watering can. Connor (my 4-year-old) pipes up and says, "Mom, you need Aqua Globes. I'm going to buy you some Aqua Globes. They water the plants for you so you don't have to." Um, Okay, I can barely even understand what you're saying, but okay! I had never heard of Aqua Globes, but the next time the commercial came on TV, he was screaming for me to come in and look. They are very interesting. I wonder how long those things would actually last in my plants before Connor, himself, broke them.
Do ya think they are watching too much TV? Actually, they have photographic memories. They memorize everything they see the first time (it feels better to think of it that way).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sylvia said...

Funny!!! :) That's great! My kids have sure come up with some classics too. The other day, while looking at a friend's picture when she was little (she is my age), Michael pipes up - "Mom, there were COLOR photographs back then?!" YIKES, son! :)