Thursday, April 02, 2009

March 18, 2009 Happy 13th Birthday Hannah

Miss Teenager!

It was a very strange year with birthdays. Neither Alex, nor Hannah wanted anything special done for them on their birthdays (at least, that's what they originally told me), so I didn't plan anything "much." In fact, on Hannah's birthday, James and I were planning on attending our Financial Peace University class at the credit union. Hannah's friend Mikaela mentioned that she was throwing Hannah a party on her birthday, so I left it at that. I thought it was a perfect plan! Last minute I found out that Mikaela wasn't throwing Hannah a party. She said that she and her mom were going to bring Hannah some cupcakes. Now I felt bad because she would get stuck babysitting on her bday. Mikaela ended up pulling through and invited Hannah over to help decorate cake and cupcakes with her. They ended up decorating each other! I need to figure out how to get those photos from Mikaela's phone to my blog...hmm. She ended up having a lot of fun!


Then on the weekend, Mikaela's mom graciously consented to having Hannah and another friend over for a sleepover! It just so happened that Emily decided to have a sleepover the same night (see next post for more info).


I happened to be up late with Emily's party, and after tucking all of the girls in at 1:30 am, I decided to check my facebook. My friend Chelsea who lives down the street was online and had just gotten home from WM with 9 copies of Twilight! Since Hannah only wanted Twilight stuff for her bday, I decided to get a copy from Chelsea and take it to her. I texted Hannah at the sleepover and asked her if she was up for a movie. She couldn't figure out what I was talking about (a common occurrence with her lately), so I sent a text for each letter in the word T W I L I G H T. She finally got it and they begged me to bring it over.


I picked it up at Chelsea's house and had to go in and visit her two boa constrictors and huge dog and we sat and chatted for a little while. In the mean time, Hannah and co were outside in skimpy pjs in the freezing cold waiting silently (so as not to wake mom and dad) for me to drop off the movie! (sorry Hannah)! I finally dragged Chelsea off with me to deliver the goods! The girls were up all night long drooling over Edward! I still haven't watched it again.


All in all I think Hannah had a great birthday!

0 comments: