Thursday, April 08, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010


Now that March is finally over, I can update my blog! When March comes in like a Lion (like it does EVERY year), I hold my breath and dive in. It is always packed with one adventure after another.

Every year we hold a very special Valentine dinner. Some day when I have my dream home, I will be able to invite EVERYONE that I want to, but since my house is on the smallish size, we had to keep our numbers to 10, and that was a stretch!

We had to forgo the dining room "area" and opted instead for the living room. We threw two tables together, and I decorated it like it was a grand dining hall!

James had grand, romantic dreams himself of the men giving the women a special well-thought gift. It didn't turn out exactly as he had invisioned. Not sure exactly what happened there, but there was a $10 limit that made everyone's eyebrows raise. Some because it was too much and some because it was too little. So, James was the only one to present his gift. In front of everyone, he pulled out a giant pink fluffy heart pillow from behind his back and handed it to me. ROMANTIC! I love it!

The men put the menu together and serve the women. And they do the dishes. It was heaven!

Cody brought the appetizers; shrimp coctail and bacon wrapped pickles.

James made a Waldorf salad. K, I was impressed here. How do 5 men know what a waldorf salad even is?

Eric made a fabulous lasagna.

Ken made homemade cressent rolls and his amazing raspberry chocolate cake.

Tim brought an eclaire cake.

After dinner and dishes were through, we played my favorite game: Catch Phrase until our butts were sore from sitting in the hard chairs.

It was a great and fun night. Way to go Men!!!



0 comments: