Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Good Deed Unpunished?

Today I am shocked and amazed!

A good deed went unpunished (see previous posts).

I rescued a play cast member's costume and sacrificed making dinner for my family.

I took tickets to the show to a friend.

She asked me if I had eaten. I hadn't.

She asked me if my family had eaten. I said no, and like a baby, a lump formed in my throat. I swallowed it because I didn't want her to think I was pathetic. We do have peanut butter in our cupboards for just such an occasion (and many others), after all.

But I was off to a girl's camp meeting and knew I wouldn't even have time for peanut butter.

Her house smelled like heaven and my stomach grumbled. She wants to own a restaurant someday.

She said she made way too much and would I please take some of it home.
I beamed.

I let myself cry on the way home. Then it hit me. . . A good deed went unpunished. And I thanked the Guy Upstairs.

Tomorrow I will have a new attitude :)

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

Yay for Angels sent to help!! Yay!! :)