Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hope of Things to Come

This morning when I woke up, I went to the window and looked out and asked myself, "Where is the sun?" It was sooooo dark; the darkest of winter mornings. The winter fog had set in and there wasn't a ray of light in sight. It left me feeling sad and empty.
As I was going to get ready for the day, I flipped on the bathroom light, and there, clinging lifelessly to the switch plate, was a cheery little ladybug. "How did you get here?" I asked her. Of course, she didn't respond. I was puzzled. I didn't know if she was alive. I moved on to get ready for the day, and the next time I looked, she had flown down to the sink. "You are alive!" I said. I watched her for a few moments. She crawled back and forth on the slippery sink. "Hope" I thought. Yes, winter is here for a time, but there is hope for a warm, bright future--just as there is in life. Hope. Times can be tough and hard to bear, leaving us feeling sad and empty, but through the Savior there is hope for the bright future He has in store for us!

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

yay for hope!!

Sylvia said...

ps - I love the picture! :)

Derrell said...

You should be an inspirational speaker!