Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Best Friend Taco Soup

I love Taco Soup! It is the best thing to warm the tummy on those frigid below zero days! I didn't discover this recipe until several years after I was married when my best friend, Marcia gave it to me, and it makes me sad to think of all of those meals we missed out on. So, grab a pen and jot this one down! It's a keeper especially because you can do it start to finish in 15-20 minutes!
Best Friend Taco Soup

1lb hamburger, browned
1 onion, diced
1-2 (15 ounce) cans Kidney Beans
2 (15 ounce) cans diced, stewed, or chopped tomatoes
1-2 (16 ounce) cans corn
1 envelope Taco Seasoning
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce


In a large pot, brown hamburger with diced onions. Pour off grease. Add the next five ingredients and heat to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 min (or all day on low in crock pot). Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Forgo the spoon and eat with chips. YUMMY!!! Serves 8-10


This recipe freezes really well, and is great when you have a big crowd because almost everyone loves it. You can spice it up by using spicy tomatoes. I like to double the beans and corn. You may need to add a little extra water, especially if you drain the beans. Share this recipe with all of your best friends. ENJOY!

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I'll have to try this! Thanks!!! :)

Susanna said...

We LOVE this recipe- we eat it a lot. I think I even gave the recipe to my ward cook book- yummmm!

Derrell said...

You made this for us when (now I can't remember which) baby was born. I have used the recipe ever since! Thanks for reminding me about it--I haven't made it in a while. I like how you've affectionately named it "Best Friend Taco Soup". Marcia *is* a great friend!

Sheila said...

Oohh, Sunny, this sounds good - I think I will make it this weekend.
Is it ok to rename it "Sunny's Taco Soup"? :)