Thursday, November 29, 2007

THANKSGIVING!!!



Okay, it's not really the turkey's butt, its where the neck goes, sicko!
Cute little Sallie!
Dad, the turkey fryer!
Gorgeous Grandma Shirley
Now, that's a dog for me (and Emily).Hunter's dream come true--Pinata!

AWW I love you Mom!
Pies Galore! The best is eating pie for breakfast the next day!

Amazing FIRE!

We had so much fun on Thanksgiving Day! It has been almost 9 years since we've been home for TG. Out of 9 of us kids, 8 were there in all our glory! I have the most entertaining siblings, so there was never a dull moment! Sallie and I helped Mom prepare Dinner. Somehow she convinced me to pose with the turkey! Dad deep fried the turkey, which was amazing!!! And. . . the very best part of Thanksgiving (my most favorite family tradition) is right after the turkey comes out of the frier, we all stand around and singe our fingers as we pick the crispy skin off and eat it!!! I have very fond memories of this as a kid, and I got to experience it again this year! I made 6 pies! They were yummy, if I do say so myself. Bliss, Jon's girlfriend, made a homemade key lime pie. It was yummy too! The kids got to do a pinata, and the grand finale was a fire show put on by my brothers Jon and Ian and Bliss. It was freezing, but so amazing to watch. James, as usual was behind the camera taking many (almost 200) photos. I can't wait to share them! Oh, I almost forgot, Sallie, Sadie, Susanna, and I went shopping in PC from midnight to 2:30 am. It was so much fun!!!





On our way home, we decided to visit Temple Square. The lights were awesome. It was really fun even though it was freeeeeezing outside and we didn't get home until after midnight! What an amazing weekend.

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

What an awesome time!!! SO terrific that you got to be with your family again! Yayy! :) It all sounds so wonderful! (Even if it was frigid at times...) :)

Susanna said...

I must say, my family never did the skin eating thing off the turkey, but Josh also says it's one of his favorite traditions.
It was so fun shopping with you gals, we'll have to make it a tradition too.
Your family is beautiful, we love having you closer!!!
LOVE Susanna