Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hunter's "Celery-Bration"

How do you blog a lifetime of events that happened in one week??? That is my challenge for today!





I'll start with the "Celery-Bration"





Hunter finally turned 6! He and Connor have been watching the Wonder Pets on TV and when the little pets finish their challenge, they always have a celery-bration. They eat celery to celebrate! Well, we could do no less than that for the big birthday! We always start with breakfast in bed with the favorite cereal. Hunter couldn't decide which he wanted, so, spoiled as he is, he got two choices: Froot Loop Smoothies and Chocolate Honey Comb. Both yucky choices IMO! Hunter got sugared-out and the Froot Loop Smoothies went untouched.
Hunter opened way too many presents (Thanks Grandma B) and went to school. For lunch I thought it would be fun to make Peanut Butter and Banana Boats. Okay, it was a little over the top, and after eating mine, I never wanted to see peanut butter again! But dinner time was when the party really got started! We had pizza with--what else--CELERY! Hunter decorated it himself!




For dessert we had sprinkled cake and Neapolitan ice cream. I was so happy that Hunter didn't want an elaborate cake this year because I was wiped out after the pencil cake! He had been wanting a cake shaped like a tank. I did it once for Alex's b-day, and I knew how much work it would be.



All in all, it was a great CELERY BRATION! Happy Birthday to my little sweet Hunter with two tiny loose bottom front teeth and new 6-year molars!!!!

1 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun idea! A great way to get kids to eat celery! :) Happy Birthday Hunter!