Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Winning Angel

After he stayed up the entire night working on his presentation, I have to say how proud I am of Alex (and myself). After all, behind every great and amazing kid is one exhausted mother, right?

After coming home late from a girl's night, I took one look at the panic on Alex's face and decided that he needed his Mom to pull through for him.

I wondered through the long night if I was truly helping him, or if I was truly hurting him by helping him. There is a fine balance in there somewhere that every mother must weigh.

I realized at some point between burning the pointer finger on my right hand and my thumb on my left, that he is so much like me. I like to say that we "work better under pressure." That seems easier to swallow than "always waiting til the last minute."

The next day upon entering the school, I was greeted by an angel with the biggest grin on his face.

Alex won FIRST PLACE on ALL THREE categories that he entered at Drama Districts.
Yay, we get to do it all again for STATE.


Way to go, kid. You are one amazing Angel! (You too Mom)!

0 comments: