Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sadie's New Year's Bridal Shower

As you know, I love any excuse to throw a party! So when my mom got roped into doing my sister, Sadie's Bridal Shower, I immediately took over {trust me, she and my other sisters were overjoyed, and so was I}!
Sadie is the sister who is most like me in that we both love glammy-girly-crafty-hand-made sorts of things. I knew she would love what I had planned for her!!!
I immediately tied this New Year's Shower Party Hat on her as soon as she walked in the door. I made it by cutting a 12 by 12 sheet of paper into a half circle (minus a thin pie slice). I backed it with a piece of poster board cut in the same shape for stability. Then I hot glued a feather boa to the top and bottom. I cut out a word plate with my Cricut and wrote "Bride" in purple glitter letters. Added some stickers for bling factor, and WHAMO! You couldn't miss the Bride!


Hannah was trying so hard to be a part of it all, but she had just made a goal to read 100 books this year and she felt compelled to work on it at that very moment.


Sadie's colors were red and purple. She picked the perfect time of year with Valentine's Day stuff hitting the shelves!
I used my Cricut again and cut out this fun garland. I'm sure Sadie has it up in her little house somewhere. She LOVED it!



These little gift bags were created with my Cricut as well {The poor Cricut was going hoppin' crazy! I'm so happy that I got it for Christmas}. I punched a scalloped circle and put it under a circle with A and S for Andre and Sadie. The of course, lined it with red boa. This was fun, but I'm still finding feathers floating all over my craft room! We put chocolate truffles in the bags.



Ah, yes, the Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Pom Poms. I really love these things. Although the photos don't do them justice, they are beautiful, inexpensive, and easy to make. A great addition to any party! {Beware, if you don't take them down and dispose of them, you may find them hanging in the same place years later ;)





We had the yummiest food at the Shower! We had just begun the food when the guests started to arrive!!! Not very good timing on our part. It's a good thing we had fun games to distract the hungry guests and lots of helping hands in the kitchen!
We made chicken salad sandwiches on crescent rolls, a veggie tray and dip, a tray of chocolates, punch, and artichoke dip with bruchetta. For dessert, we had my cherry almond bars. So yummy!






The games were a real blast. I found some fun ideas on the WWW. We started with My Wedding Ring which is a spin off of the clothes pin game. I found Christmas ornaments that look like diamond jewels on clearance at Target. They had holes through them, so I strung some yarn through the holes and made them into necklaces. No one could say the bride or groom's names or they lost their necklace. It was hilarious!
That game was played throughout the entire shower. While guests were arriving, we played How Old Is the Bride. We displayed several photos of Sadie at different ages, and they had to guess how old she was in the photo. Not the most exciting, but it helped break the ice and could be done in stages as guests arrived.


I love How Well Does the Bride Know the Groom with Gum. It is so funny but since the groom is from Chili there was a crazy language barrier when I was asking him the questions. That alone made me laugh!
What was she Wearing was a big hit! I really hate those lame memory games, but this is a fun spin on those.
We passed around a little scrapbook for people to write advice for Sadie and Andre then Sadie read all of the advice out loud.
Then she opened gifts and the party was over.
I think everyone had a great time especially Sadie!


0 comments: