Tuesday, November 24, 2009

PIES PIES PIES

It's Thanksgiving time and that means time to make some PIES!!!

We will be dining with my Aunt Jules this year, and when she called me up and asked me if I'd bring A pie, I was almost hurt. I told her that of course I'd bring a pie, but not only one, but a pie of each kind!

I love baking pies!

Ever since that first time in college when the pie came out piping hot, and the crust was so tender and flaky, I had to take it to work, and everyone that I shared it with was amazed. I knew I was onto something good!

My rolls always turn out undercooked and squashed looking; my bread always turns out lumpy, but my pie crust . . . heaven!!!

I will be making an apple, two pumpkins, a pecan, and a cherry. I'll leave the creamy cool pies to Grandma this year, and my big brother is picking up a Costco cheese cake.

Do you think that will be enough for 30 people? Jules thought it might be too much until I reminded her that you HAVE to have leftover pie for second dinner, midnight smackerell, and breakfast the next morning! YUMMMM!

I'll try to sneak a couple of pics of the pies on display, but you know how embarrassing it is to photo your own food when you're not in the comforts of you own home? Well, it is. A little.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I'm missing your pies :( And you.

Sylvia said...

Yumm... pie! :)