Thursday, March 20, 2008

Birthdays in the House!!!





It's birthday week for the Moore family, and it couldn't be crazier! But what fun we're having! Alex decided on Thurs night that he wanted to have some friends over for a party Fri night. That almost put me in panic mode, but I decided to chill out and order pizza and buy a bunch of junk food. I think it turned out well, and the kids had a fun time. They ended up listening to Alex play his guitar, playing Guitar Hero, and watching Blast. An interesting combination. He ended up inviting a bunch of kids over tonight (it being Spring Break) to watch August Rush. They also went over to the playground for a while. I secretly watched them through binoculars. They tried to see how many people they could get into the twisty slide at the same time. It was all very innocent and quite funny.


Hannah decided on Thur that she wanted to have an Ice Skating party on Sat. Okay, panic mode again! Emily had a volleyball game at the same time, so I had to recruit James to do the party so I could go to Em's game. It all worked out well. I think everyone had a fun time skating, and Emily won all but 1/2 of her last game.

Thankfully, they are over having mom make elaborate birthday cakes. Alex asked for a simple Giant chocolate chip cookie, and Hannah just wanted donuts! The cookie didn't turn out as simply as planned. I wanted to make it thick so it would be soft, but using my pizza stone wasn't the best solution for that! Most of the cookie ended up in the bottom of the oven! It was a mess and I had to scrape all of that cookie out of the oven! Now every time I bake, it smells like burnt cookies! Time to use that self-cleaning feature.
(Deep breath) Okay, so now we just have to make it through Easter, and then Emily's birthday on Monday. Thankfully her party is the same day as her actual birthday! She's having a Monkey party.
It's now after midnight on Thur, and the party is Mon! Here we go. . . Panic mode, again!!!

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Wow! What a crazy time! :) I think you handled it all well! Too bad the cookie smell in the oven doesn't stay a nice smell, right?

I was a slacker this month on the birthday cards - I didn't get any sent out because of the craziness of school, but Aunt SylvE and the cousins wish everyone a happy birthday!!! :)

Susanna said...

I also thought of sending birthday cards, but as soon as I remembered, it was the day of, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX AND HANNAH!!!!!! We can't wait to see you guys tommarrow!